Welcome to Cressy House Estate Farm Stay
Cressy House (circa 1827) is situated in beautiful natural surroundings 5 km south of the historical town of Longford, 25 minutes from Launceston and 20 minutes from Launceston Airport.
Cressy House is today still a working farm with 1000 hectares, 5000 breeding ewes, trade cattle and a large variety of irrigated crops.
Cressy House was bought by James D. Toosey in 1855 and later leased out to Herbert Gatenby (Henrys, Great, Great Grandfather) in 1884 before being sold to Norman George Gatenby (Henrys Great Grandfather) in 1914.
Cressy House is a family farm with Henry (my husband), being the 5th generation farmer to run the Estate. My name is Margit and together we have three boys, Noah, Oscar and Edward. Henry's parents (David and Nicki) are also living on the Estate and contribute to the daily duties on the farm.
Cressy House is situated on top of a hill in the beautiful countryside between Longford and Cressy. From the apartment you can sit back and enjoy the magnificent views of the Great Western Tiers stretching out over uninterrupted views of farm land. With chooks, sheep and horsing grazing in nearby paddocks.
Cressy House is situated near a small rural town called Cressy on the Norfolk Plains, below the Great Western Tiers. With lots of surrounding farms this place is the gateway to Central Highlands. Cressy is 36 km from Launceston and 21 km off the Midlands Highway. .
Check in - Check out
Our check in is 2pm and check out is 10am.
If you would like to make other arrangements please contact us.
Newly renovated self contained apartment
With large kitchen and living room, 1 bedroom with queen size bed, fold out sofa in living room (double bed), modern bathroom with freestanding bath and separate shower and heated floor, private veranda, private garden, BBQ, art pieces from various artists are displayed throughout the apartment whilst antiques and vintage pieces are scattered throughout the homestead.
Cressy House Estate
• Visitor accommodation is 83sq m
• Accommodation for up to 4 people
• Free Wifi
• TV and DVD
• Fridge/mini freezer
• Gas cook top, electrical oven
• Wood heater and heat pump
• Smoke and pet free
• Lovely big garden (approx 1 hectare) surrounding the homestead
• The estate has a full size clay tennis court set in the surrounding garden for your free use
• Chooks, ducks, horse and sheep roaming around in nearby paddocks. Family dogs Molly and Coco also live on the farm.
• The farm offers vegetables, fruit and nuts (various apples, peaches, pears, plums, apricots, lemons, almonds and walnuts,) herbs and fresh eggs (depending on the season) for you to pick and enjoy.
• Fishing available at the river on the farm
• Longford Golf Course within walking distance
• Enjoy the beautiful surroundings while walking around the farm and along the river with views to The Western Tiers and Ben Lomond
• Wandering around nearby paddocks and exploring nature